Laser Hair Removal
Are you tired of shaving every other day? Do you suffer from excess hair production? Do you suffer from ingrown hairs or skin irritation after shaving or waxing? Do you have razor bumps after shaving? Is waxing too painful? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have the right solution for you.
No Pain. All Gain.
The hair removal treatment is a process of eliminating unwanted hair by utilizing intense pulses of laser light to selectively destroy hair follicles. The laser light targets the pigment of the hair and heats the follicles to the point of destruction.
Repeated sessions inhibit the growth of the hair by shrinking the hair follicle, and eventually causing the inability to grow new hairs in the treated area.
IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TONES?
Yes, thanks for the advancements in technology laser hair removal is now safe for all skin tones. Now practitioners that have the newest machines can treat and deliver results to patients from lighter to darker skin complexions with minimal complications.
IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL EFFICIENT IN ANY HAIR COLOR?
The light emitted from the laser is attracted to the melanin, or dark pigment, in the hair follicle. This means that dark hair is treated most effectively. At Selfish Beauty, we offer an alternative approach that allows us to target and minimize blond, gray and even white hair, but not to the same degree as darker hair colors.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE TREATMENT
- Expect minimal discomfort. Our machine in virtually painless
- A cool sensation during the procedure is to be expected due to the cold gel applied to your skin.
- For your comfort, our machine also has a cooling tip to protect your skin from the heat generated by the laser energy.
- Slight redness, bumps, and swelling may occur in the treated area, and it can last for up to 72 hours.
- The treatment time varies from 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Active Cold Sores or Herpetic Lesions
- Sunburned or peeling skin
- Recently waxed or tweezed skin (will have to wait 3 weeks for treatment)
- Currently using antibiotics (because they increase the photosensitivity)
- Recent Botox or Fillers (need to wait 14 days)
- Tattoos or Permanent Makeup in the area
- History of Melanoma
- Raised Moles
- Suspicious Lesion
- Keloid Scar Formation
- Healing Problems
- Avoid sunburns as we cannot treat sunburned and peeling skin.
- You must stop waxing, tweezing or using chemical epilation for 3-4 weeks before the start of your treatment.
- Chemical peels
- Other laser procedures
- Botox and Fillers
- Alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl products (AHA/BHA)
- Tazorac, and Differin
- Sun or UV exposure
- Sunless tanning products (it is recommended that you exfoliate the area to remove any residual color).
- Antibiotics (please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment because antibiotics increase photosensitivity and will have to be suspended for at least 7 days before the procedure)
- Avoid sun exposure or UV exposure for at least 7 days after your laser procedure.
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid using seat warmers immediately after treatment.
- The use of a daily broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 or higher is mandatory while in treatment of laser hair removal.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your practitioner.
- Avoid strenuous exercise after your treatment, as sweating may sting.
- Make-up may be used as long as skin is not broken or irritated.
- Some redness and swelling is normal and may feel similar to a sun burn. Notify us if it persists longer than a few days.
- In case of any discomfort, you may apply cool compresses or ice for 15 minutes every hour.. Aloe Vera gel and Tylenol can also be used.
We offer the latest and the most cutting-edge technology for laser hair removal. Our machine has adjustable settings to create results for patients from lighter to darker skin complexion. Also, we offer innovative solutions for permanent removal of blond, white and gray hair! If you have any questions or to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 508-470-2056. Selfish Beauty looks forward to making sure you never have to shave or wax again!